Citizenship » Check Your Knowledge
Try this six-question test to see what you've learned about United States citizenship
A person who resides in one country but was born in and belongs to another country and has not acquired citizenship by naturalization in the country of residence is known as what?
- A stateless person
- An alien
- A provisional citizen
- An interim national
What is not a way a person may automatically become a citizen of the United States?
- Being born in the United States
- Being the child of a naturalized parent
- Being born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent or parents
- Living legally in the United States for a minimum of five years
A minor child of a naturalized U.S. citizen would become a U.S. citizen by what method?
- Conferred citizenship
- Acquired citizenship
- Derivative citizenship
- Naturalized citizenship
The ten amendments that were added to the U.S. Constitution four years after its adoption to address and protect certain rights and freedoms not explicitly indicated in the body of the constitution are known as what?
- The Freedom Amendments
- The Bill of Rights
- The Jefferson Act
- The Protection Clause
Which of the following rights is granted to both U.S. citizens and noncitizens?
- The right to obtain a U.S. passport
- The right to vote
- The right to apply for federal employment
- The right to a fair and speedy trial
Citizenship provides many rights, but also involves many responsibilities. Which of the following is not a mandatory obligation or responsibility of a U.S. citizen?
- Paying taxes
- Serving on a jury when summoned
- Registering with the Selective Service